Hey Get Fit Families!
This page is dedicated to you. Our team will post fitness and nutrition tips to help you reach your goals along the way. Feel free to use to comments section to trade ideas and inspiration the same way you do in the gym and in class. This is definitely a team effort. Looking forward to doing this journey with you!
Cheryl Lawrence, Personal Trainer
Emily Rykaczewski, Nutrition
Erin Silvent, Yoga Instructor and Cardiac Health
Miriam White, Community Health Advocate
|Posted on July 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM||comments (0)|
1. EVALUATE YOUR STARTING POINT -- Take a look at where you are now. Do not just focus on the negative – look at the whole picture and give yourself credit for the things you do well! For physical health there are a variety of ways to measure where you are.
a. Weight & measurements
b. Before picture
c. Healthy meals eaten per day or week
d. Stress management
e. Current fitness levels
- Strength -- how many pushups and squats can you do?
- Endurance -- how long does it take you to walk/run a mile and what's your heart rate recovery time?
- Mobility - how flexible are you?
f. Blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels
2. Pick an area or two that you’d like to work on and set a measurable goal for the next 30 days.
a. Example – I will lose 8 pounds of fat and be able to do 3 sets of 12 military pushups.
3. List the steps you need to take in order to reach that goal.
a. I will plan my menu each week and prepare foods ahead of time so I can stay on track
b. I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day
c. I will participate in The Hope Zone fitness classes
d. I will do HIIT training for cardio exercise 3 times a week
e. Spend time with God (helps alleviate stress which causes me to binge and not exercise)
4. Track your progress – It’s important to track what you’re doing so you can see what works and what doesn’t. You’ll be amazed at how your behavior changes when you have to account for it. KEEP IT SIMPLE! Don’t go crazy county calories or obsessing about details.
a. Journal pages (if you'd like to use The Hope Zone's food journal pages, email [email protected] )
b. Apps – there are apps out there to track food, exercise, etc.
5. Identify your obstacles for the coming week/month and come up with a plan. (For example, if you are going out to eat with friends try to find out ahead of time where you are going and look at the menu before you go to the restaurant. Go in knowing what healthy choice you will make and stick with it.)
6. Reward your successes!! (Not with food – get creative)
7. Don’t go it alone! Take advantage of this community of people. At The Hope Zone, we have families that are working to better their finances, their health, and their relationships. Connect with them, share ideas, and celebrate your wins together!! For information, contact us at 267-318-4648 or [email protected]
Have a great day and don't forget to do a random act of kindness today! It goes a long way towards improving your health.
Cheryl (and Lola)